Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Your Last Week on Earth by Ps Michael Podhaczky

What would you do if an angel appeared to you and told you that you had one week left to live here on earth?  What would you change about how you have been living?  What would you do or stop doing before you met God?

This whole incident of an angel appearing to us with this news would be quite sobering. We do not know how much time we have left.  We all live on borrowed time, i.e. borrowed from God. He has gifted each of us with an amount of time that varies from person to person.  We can all tend to lose track of how our life is going and what are our priorities. Would you need change anything?

The more I thought about this scenario, the more I realised that I would not change a thing.  I would keep doing what I have been doing. The reason for this is that I believe that I am living right in the will of God.  If I were doing things that are not in the will of God, then I need to ask why?

This does not only affect my life but also those around me, even those who are not Christ-followers.  If I claim to be a Christ-follower, then I need to live like one, otherwise my life is a lie. Paul, in writing to the Colossians, pointed out how to live as a
Christ-follower and then summarised by saying:
“Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity” (Col 4:5 NLT).

We will all have a last week here on earth.  When it will be only God knows. So why wait for our last week, day or hours to change the way we live?  What is stopping us living like this now, today, right this minute?  It is never too late to start.


Pause in His presence for a moment and think this over… 

No comments:

Post a Comment